The past 3 Weeks:
What I meant to be doing:
- Revising my thesis (ew, gross, barf)
- Reading my R.I.P book list
- Finishing up the last couple titles on my Margaret Atwood list
- Writing Reviews
What I actually ended up doing:
- Driving a bazillion miles around New England
- Interviewing for jobs
- Not hearing back from those interviews
- Applying to new jobs
- Fussing about unemployment!
- Avoiding my thesis
So, needless to say, the job search and-- to a unproductively lesser degree-- the thesis project have taken over my life and my well-intentioned effort to re-start my blog kind of fizzled right off the bat... Bad Ali!
I am going to try to balance my life a bit better now. In theory I'm going to use reading and reviewing as rewards for "good behavior." If I write a thesis chapter, I get to go through the blog roll and comment. If I apply to 2 new jobs, I get to post a review... etc. etc.
We'll see how well it works...